Recipe: Zucchini Bread
Summary: Delicious dessert bread made from zucchini squash.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and grated, no seeds
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Add oil, sugar, grated zucchini, and vanilla.
- Mix lightly but well.
- Add flour, salt, baking power, and cinnamon.
- Mix together with wet ingredients.
- Add nuts and stir together.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350° F or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from baking pan to cool longer.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Since this recipe makes 2 loaves, you can easily freeze one loaf to enjoy at a later time.
Recipe by Charlene.