Recipe: Zucchini Bean Wrap
Summary: Somewhat complicated but good burrito.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 green pablano chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans pinto beans, low sodium or no salt added
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 large whole grain tortillas
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup salsa, low sodium or no salt added
- Heat 1/8 cup water in a large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, and chile and water sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and zucchini, continue cooking for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Add beans, chili powder, and cumin, stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to thoroughly mash beans.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Spread mixture on tortillas. Top with lettuce, avocado and salsa and roll up.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Calories: 381; Fat: 8.6; Carbohydrates: 63.3; Fiber: 17.7; Sugar: 3.6; Protein: 15.5
Recipe by www.DrFuhrman.com