Have you ever stopped at the Big Texan in Amarillo? Best steaks on I-40. They are the ones who advertise a free 72 ounce steak. The catch? Rules.
Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 ounce Steak. You sit up front on a raised platform in front of everyone with the timers clicking down.
- Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)…YOU LOSE!
- Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”
- Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.
- You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.
- You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.
- Should you become ill, the contest is over… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)
- You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.
- You must sit at a table that we assign.
- If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.
- No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.
- If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the full $72 dollars.
If you just buy the dinner, it’s $200. No one was trying it when we were there on this last trip. Recently a 120 pound gal ate two meals in 20 minutes. Yipes!
PS. We didn’t eat this thing. We split a small steak dinner and enjoyed every bite.
[sam id=”3″ codes=”true”]