Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Marinara
Summary: A non-pasta spaghetti meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium raw spaghetti squash
- 2 cups low sugar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place the squash, cut side down, in a large baking dish and poke skin all over with a fork.
- Bake until tender, 30 – 40 minutes.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a small pan until hot.
- Carefully rake the stringy squash pulp from the skin with a fork, separating it into strands resembling spaghetti.
- Spoon the sauce over the squash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Can use various marinara sauces for variety.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Calories: 204; Fat: 4.5; Carbohydrates: 30; Fiber: 7; Sugar: 14; Protein: 8
Recipe adapted from SparkPeople recipe by Charlene.