Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Crunch
Summary: A Delicious alternative to regular Pumpkin Pie.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 1 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Delux Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- whipped topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Top with pecans.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° F for 50-55 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Serve with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This is a fantastic, delicious Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert to serve to family and friends.
Number of servings (yield): 16-20 servings
Recipe given to Charlene many years ago at church but is on the Duncan Hines Website.