Recipe: Pumpkin Bread
Summary: Delicious dessert bread for the Holidays.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Sift the sugar, flour, and cinnamon together and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order given in ingredient list.
- Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into greased the baking pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 50-60 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting toothpick into the center of each loaf.
- Bake a few minutes longer if toothpick is not clean or dry.
- When done, place baking pans on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove pumpkin bread from loaf pans and continue cooling on wire rack.
One can of pumpkin makes 2 loaves of pumpkin bread. This bread also freezes well. If baking as cupcakes, grease and flour cupcake pan and bake for 15 minutes. Check for doneness and bake longer if necessary. Remove pumpkin cupcakes from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve slightly warm with butter or topping of your choice.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe by Charlene.