Recipe: Jack’s Beef Stew
Summary: Hearty, healthy, happy, nutritious, delicious, low-fat comfort food.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cubed
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 10 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 15 oz. cans no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to stockpot and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add round steak and brown.
- Add onion soup mix, potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, and water and bring to full boil for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn, and green beans. Let boil for 10 more minutes adding more water if needed until all veggies are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For very tender beef, after browning, put in crock pot along with some water for 4 hours on high. For tender veggies, steam before putting in stockpot.
Number of servings: 24
Calories: 169; Fat: 2.9; Carbohydrates: 25; Fiber: 4.6; Sugar: 4.3; Protein: 12
Recipe by Jack