Summary: A great way to use butternut squash and makes a delicious chili soup.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 15 ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the diced onions, garlic, butternut squash, and bell peppers until browned and soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Calories: 205; Fat: 1.4; Carbohydrates: 45.8; Fiber: 12; Sugar: 3.6; Protein: 10.4
Recipe adapted from http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1272379