Recipe: Baked Acorn Squash
Summary: Delicious side dish for a cold winter evening.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and rinse with water.
- Divide butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup evenly in center of each squash half.
- Place filled halves in baking dish with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake at 350° F for 50 minutes.
- Check for doneness by sticking with a knife. If not soft, bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
For lower sugar content use sugar-free maple syrup, and brown sugar artifical sweetner.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Calories: 135; Fat: 1.9; Carbohydrates: 33.7; Fiber: 3.2; Sugar: 11; Protein: 1.7
Recipe by Charlene.